The LA Department of Traffic (LADOT) has a lot on their plate, as one could imagine. Our friends at Mack Sennett Studios are doing their best to get their attention on a persistent problem in our neighborhood.
If you've ever been to their studio you may have noticed, or even have witnessed, the mayhem that occurs at the intersection of Fountain and Bates. They regularly hear the screeching tires of cars coming to a halt just in the nick of time to avoid pedestrians, other motor vehicles, and bicyclists. Silver Lake residents banded together to form a simple solution - install a street light to manage traffic!
If you have a few minutes in your day, please follow the instructions below! Every submission helps!
1. Go to http://myladot.lacity.org/
2. Click the orange "I WANT TO" "Submit a Request" tab in the upper left corner
3. Select "Traffic Signals"
4. Type "Traffic signal needed for pedestrian safety"
5. "Fountain Ave" as primary street
6. "Bates Ave" as secondary street
7. Select 2nd Fountain and Bates in the list
8. Include contact info
9. You will get a confirmation from LADOT that they have received your request.