What are your 2013 resolutions?
Here are some suggestions for citizens of Silver Lake:
- bloom where you are planted - and start or increase organic gardening
- take a hike - a new one around the lake or up some of our city stairways
- vote early and often - participate in one of the mayoral or city council candidates primary election campaigns
- reduce, recycle, reuse - It's a beautiful thing when your trash becomes someone else's treasure. Here's a group I've used. http://groups.freecycle.org/lafreecycle/posts/all. And, we'll start having more information about how It's Easy to be Green in 2013.
- get out of your cave - Attend nearby events, i.e. SilverLakeStar.com is sponsoring "Internet Marketing in 2013" on January 10. Details to be announced shortly.
- visit a local restaurant, store and other business you haven't frequented.
- sponsor the Silver Lake Star - ad rates are half price only through Jan. 5. Contact Betsy McClellan Hall, (323) 304-8749 or Betsy@Betsy-Hall.com
For personal resolutions from the Los Feliz Ledger cartoonist gindoff see: One Silver Laker's 2013 resolutions