According to the L.A. Times crime mapping recent six month figures, Silver Lake experience 77 grand theft auto and reported 135 thefts from vehicles.* Be ware and be smart.
HERE’S WHAT YOU CAN DO TO PREVENT CAR BURGLARIES AND THEFTS
1. Never leave valuables in PLAIN VIEW in your car. Thieves know that you hide your property under towels, sweaters and packages. Secure items in your trunk prior to arriving at location. Thieves are watching you.
2. Use some type of anti-theft device (alarm system, or steering lock).
3. Park in well-lighted or high-traffic areas.
4. Permanently mark your property with identification. (We suggest your driver license or ID card number).
5. Keep serial numbers of electronic equipment, such as computers, IPODS, GPS, and cellular telephones.
6. Never leave your car running unattended.
7. Keep your car doors locked and windows rolled up.
8. Don’t leave personal identification documents in car (Vehicle Ownership Title, credit cards etc.) Keep copies of license plate and vehicle identification number with you.
9. If your car is stolen or burglarized, immediately report it to the police.
10. Report suspicious activity or people loitering in the area.
This public safety information is provided by LAPD Northeast Auto Detectives.* If you have any information on auto related crimes or on auto related crimes or on suspects committing these crimes in your neighborhood, call Detectives at (213) 847-4265.
If you see any type of crime in progress, call 911.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE THE CITY A SAFER PLACE